Sunday, July 13, 2014

Testing Garcinia Cambogia - does it help to get thinner?

Testing Garcinia Cambogia

Why: My weight is reasonably good. My weight index is 84.5kg/1.78m/1.78m = 27. The normal weight maximum is 25, so I am only very slightly in the overweight category. But my wife wants me to decrease it. I have tried that for several years and succeeded only for a short duration. So let's see if this "miracle" diet product helps on me.

Product: Garcinia Cambogia Select
This product has three ingredients: Garcinia Cambogia, Calcium and Potassium. Two of the latter help body to digest the main ingredient.
One capsule has 500mg of the extract, making it (overly conveniently) 250mg of the core ingredient: Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA).
Recommendations: Not for children under 18 years or pregnant or nursing mothers.

Current status: It looks like this is total fake/cheat/fraud product that does absolutely nothing. If I were you, I would not look for any further but would scrap this idea for good.

Shop I used: Garcinia Cambogia Select. Make sure you go to .net and .com. The latter works only as a virus sender... I bought six bottles for US$ 120, so that made120$ / (6 bottles * 90 pills/bottle * 250mg) = 89 cents / gram or $20/month. Package arrived eight days later here to Finland. Best before date on them was Feb 03, 2017 so I have 2½ years to eat ½ year of pills, so I could have ordered even more in one order.

Weight history: My weight has stayed relatively stable for the last 15 years, so I am quite perfect specimen for the experiment.

Pills usage: Recommendation is to eat three pills a day, half an hour before each meal with a glass of water. The reality with me is that most of the time I take the pill with Pepsi Max, but that is quite close to water so it should be fine. I will hardly eat three times a day, but I will eat it at least one time every day as I eat some other pills at the same time. Most of the time I won't eat before meal but after a meal: on breakfast I eat it with my other pills after the breakfast and typically I remember to eat this on other times either after a meal or at any random time. So due to not eating three times always and for not eating them at right time, maybe the effect will be 50 - 80% instead of 100%. But that is not the main point: main point is to let you know if it really helps or not.

Diet: For the last two years I have been in "flexible" GI+ diet. I eat healthy and my calorie intake and quality of them is good. The reason why I am not as thin as I want is that I eat sweets, ice cream and about anything before and during night. Before GI+ diet, I was on low fat "diet" for over 10 years. But don't take the word diet seriously: it is just that I avoid some foods. My greatest success with any diet is that I avoid potatoes: I eat them about 100g / month. Next success is with bad quality bread: I eat typically one or two hamburgers / week.

Sports: Summer was record cold on June, but now it is July in Finland, so that means my bicycling season has started "seriously" recently. If I manage to do sports well, I may loose up to two kilos during this heavier exercise period. As my experiment will take on minimum half a year, that gain will be lost easily in that time though. But it may show up as better than normal start on the test results.

Weight changes:
I have checked my starting weight on three scales and it was: 84.5, 84.5 and 84.3. My weight can vary half a kilo during a day. If you want to get exact results, then check it always on morning. But I'll check it always on evening, because that is when I write the blog.
Starting date: July 13, 2014 and weight with my electronic scale was 84.5 kg.
DateWeight (kg)Change (kg)
July 1384.5NA
July 1684.50
July 2684.6+0.1
Aug 2286.7+2.2






No comments:

Post a Comment